Thursday, August 04, 2005

qualms and a half

I don't know what's with me these past days but I've been so irritable with the slightest provocation. Started with my follow up for my DSL connection. It was horrible! You don't wanna know the crappy details but suffice it to say - sometimes you just gotta find your way up to the top guys to get something done, or moving at least!

One month later, here I am still struggling to get the FULL service that I paid for (or my company paid for!). Usual pinoy customer service: I had another bout of getting the runaround from these guys. Been following up on my free PC for days and days now... and I even went to their depot to pick it up. But sorry for me - they don't give a damn... I won't be surprised if one day, they would hang a signage in their office that says: "you are a customer, you wait. you're at the mercy when we give it to you." Losers!

Before the weekend, I also went to NBI for some clearance shit and to my utmost surprise - they were charging entrance fees!!! My initial reaction was, "Ano to, public movie house with discounted movie rates?" Well, it didn't say NBI on the pink slip, but it had some private business charging fees to allow people to get into a government office... Hello, is this supposed to be legal?!? Take note, this does not have anything to do with the P110.00 fee for the NBI clearance. This is entirely a separate form of money-making scheme that is totally uncalled for. It's just a minimal amount of P20.00 per person that is going into the building. But if my calculation is correct, they would have earned roundabout P50,000.00 per day from that. Considering that they have a back log, when I go back to pick up my clearance, I would have to pay another P20. That simply means, they would have doubled the chances of hitting another P50k entrance fee quota without any effort at all! So much for this anti-corruption campaigns... it's probably all in paper. What a shame... no wonder our country is rotting in the pitholes. If they can extort money like that from hapless citizens in broad daylight, it's no surprise that they can do more in large-scale underground transactions. Oh well, that's our government to you! I wonder why the media has not come out with any stories about this... hmmmm I smell something fishy! Do we have another version of the "untouchables"?

On a second thought, maybe it's not a government issue per se. I would say it's probably more than that because there are a lot of "opportunista" in our midst. I'm not saying it's part of our culture but it does fit well to describe the few people I have encountered in this lifetime.

So much for my qualms. Last monday, I was struggling to get up from bed. I was diagnosed for acute supparative tonsilitis. What the heck does that mean?!? Well, it's the kind of inflammation in your tonsils when it's close to bleeding and breaking out. Nah, just kidding. It's some kind of condition when your tonsils get so inflammed that there is pus/mucus coming out of it. EEeeewww! I know it's gross, and I hate having it more than anything else in the world. Thanks to my hunee, NFS and little kulit "summer", I didn't get too bored staying home for a while!

4 Comments:

At Thu Aug 11, 11:24:00 AM 2005, Blogger mungkey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thu Aug 11, 11:27:00 AM 2005, Blogger mungkey said...

Fuck. Naay entrance fee. Ka bastos ba anang mga yawa. Paka ulaw ramanang mga tawhana oy. Unsay lugar, mura raba gyud og unsa ka epektibo na ilang systema diha. Wala raba gyuy nabuhat. Rhea, pasensya na ka anang mga amaw. Og mao lagi, di gyud mo asenso ni atong nasod kay daghan gyud ang mga manablahay. Ang gamay kaayo nga mabuhat nila murag ipalabas nga dako na kaayo, para dako ang ma kawkaw nga kwarta. Mga amaw nang animala na. Mao nang mga tawhana sigi o g panabla sa kwarta sa mga tawo. ga hatagan na gani og tax, ma ningil pa gyud og dugang. Kung sa iro pa na, imo na gi hatag imong kamot, apilon pa gyud imong siko og bukton og paak. Puros naay rason, puros palusot, para ignon sakto. Gapangilad ra og mga walay hanaw sa bala-od. Himo himo pa gyud og ilang balaod. Kurakot kaayo. Murag si kinsa, pero gi atay....

sos, ka pagka walay mga nahot....

t(--,t)


hehe.

 
At Thu Aug 11, 05:10:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe puso mo mungkey... ang puso mo ;-)

 
At Tue Aug 16, 07:36:00 AM 2005, Blogger mungkey said...

hehehe. lagi. mag kalma lang sa ko. hehe. back to work. hehe. basin kasab-an ko sa gobyerno. taga gobyerno raba diay ko. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home