Monday, July 25, 2005

the weekend

I was going to write something about the SONA, but then I thought, who the hell cares about it anyway?!? My weekend is probably more exciting than that!!!

So, let me just recount what I did this weekend instead. Started off at Cable Car at midnight, right after shift. Sir Yul, me, b2, connie and donjun walked a whole kilometer stretch from RCBC Plaza to head back to our old office in standard chartered coz that's where b2 and sir yul parked their cars...and where sir bong was waiting for us! It was the first time the whole team went out drinking! It was good clean fun... We had a few rounds of beer, pizza, tokwat baboy and sisig (who says Italian and Pinoy dishes don't jive?!?) haha! By 4am, it was time to go home...I had a mild migraine and colds before we went to the bar and I can feel it acting up again...lack of booze you say?! hehe...

Actually, I had enough to knock me down for almost the entire saturday. I woke up a little past 1pm that afternoon when my hunee arrived (and Archie left for Butuan)... I felt a little tamad and had a slight fever so we ended up calling Gerry's for late lunch delivery. While waiting for our food, my hunee and I pitted for some quick races in NFS2...Man, WE ARE SOOOOO HOOKED! Airport Express does wonders to your home LAN! hehehe...see what it did to us!
Anyway, lazy couch potatoes that we are, we dragged ourselves up to eat our lunch, and went back to the room for another round of NFS2... Finally, we decided it was time to something "important" so we did some grocery shopping at puregold... headed back home to leave our purchases and drove all the way to greenhills to watch a movie. There was no interesting titles showing for this week but we were already there (and I wanted to try watching a movie at the Promenade!) so we ended up watching "The Island". The theatre interior design, seats and sounds, I would rate it 4 stars out of 5. For the movie itself, I would say around 3 out of 4 stars. The storyline was good...and it is always a compliment to any director if I don't fall asleep in the moviehouse...so this movie must be really good! I just can't understand why they had to kill the clones when they are not really defective, they just happen to have developed like their sponsor, in all aspects! Okay, okay, this is not meant to be a spoiler...you should go watch the movie. I would say it's worth the 140 bucks I spent at the Promenade! oh...one more thing: this movie does explain why there's lots of stupid people on earth...hehehe! Just kidding...

Later that evening, my perpetually hungry stomach was grumbling again... but when we came out of the theater, I just can't resist the newly opened Fully Booked. We went in and browsed for some interesting stuff... If I had all the money in the world, I would buy a copy of every book they have in that neat little store. Mind you, they're pretty expensive. Anyway, as I was scanning Paris Hilton's book entitled How to be an Heiress, I can't help but admire her for her staunch humor...I bet you, she does have a certain kind of humor that befits an heiress! Her book was quite funny and I would have wanted to read through it more if not for a snotty annoying old chinese punk of a girl behind me making all the nasty comments about Paris Hilton and how she is so stupid, stupid, stupid... She was like "Can she really write?...Does she have humor?...aaaah I don't care, she's stupid...she's an idiot.." blah blah blah... If my guardian angel had not taken the better of me I could have smacked her face with the hardbound book I was holding in my hand...I so wanted to howl at her and say...I DONT NEED YOUR OPINION, Bitch! But I didn't do that of course. I had to control my temper...WHOOOOOZAAAAH! So off we went with a few books in tow...Of course, I'd blog about them when I finish reading so watch out for my next blog posts...

Back to my hungry tummy...we went to have some dimsum dinner at Good Earth Roasts, still at the promenade. it was roundabout midnight when we drove back to Makati. We hurriedly rushed to the sack to start our careers in NFS2! :-) I was feeling a bit whoozy after taking some cold tabs... I just had to...I was feeling a bit sick again. I slept around 3AM and woke up mid day the next day...

I was already so engrossed building my career in NFS when the most unfortunate event happened on a Sunday...after a long time of not having really major on call disasters, we had one that sunday. Is it pure luck or is just testing my patience? I hope it's just one of those "once in a blue moon" cases....cross my fingers!

Anyway, Velle and family dropped by for a visit. They just came from their unit 2 floors below mine. They wanted to check out my unit and see my cute little puppy summer...oh by the way, she's an adorable yellow lab who is sometimes soooooooo annoying. But she's sweet and funny and uto-uto! hahahaha... I make her smell her poopoo sometimes...HAHAHAH!

By the time it was 8PM, we went to hear mass at Sacred Heart and promised to buy summer some dog food at shopwise. Then we drove off to the Fort for a nice sunday dinner...hey we're still celebrating our month long anniv! :-) We wanted to test how "well assessed" the reviews were for the book we bought on "Manila Restaurants" so we decided to have dinner at Zong. It's a fancy chinese resto at the Fort known for "Chinese food with no MSG". Interesting, huh? Truth be told, we had a really good fill that night. We had some spicy singaporean fish fillet, wanton noodle soup, siomai, seafood rice and for dessert Mark ordered his favorite Mango Pudding and I had some Banana Fritters with Peach and Honey sauce....aaaah, a lot of food and we had some doggy bag for take out! For the verdict, the food was by far one of the best chinese dinners I had. The Service? It sucks! They won't even give us back the change had we not asked for it!!!

Oh by the way, that was probably one of the quickest dinner dates we had... We drove home right away because I told the masahista to be there by 1130PM. I was soooo tired the whole week and I needed to de-stress myself. Had 2 hours of blissfully relaxing shiatsu-swedish combination massage. That was just what I needed to cap the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home