Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What a shame!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock at 6AM today. (Plug: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARCHIE!!!) I had to cook breakfast, hear mass and attend to something very important at 9AM. *wink* Do I have enough time to do all that? Yes, except that today is a hell day for Makati.

Another rally is scheduled to take place at the Ninoy Aquino monument along Paseo de Roxas and they are pegging the numbers to go up to a million. Quite interesting huh? If rumors are true that they are paying these rallyists to receive 100 Pesos just for expressing their support to oust Arroyo, that would mean they have a fat wallet to mobilize these people. Imagine that: Php100 x 1M = Php100M and that figure is exclusive of the food and water that they're giving out!!!

If they had used that 100M to pay off our debts and fix the substandard roads in CBD, a lot of people would have been spared from the horrendous traffic, noise pollution and litter all over the streets of makati. Hey that's my money too!!! A large chunk of my pay goes to taxes and it's a pity that it doesn't seem to be spent very wisely on this case... (or maybe a large part of it may not have been spent very wisely at all!)

This whole "take-it-to-the-street" mentality is really going to some people's heads. After weeks and weeks of barricading the streets and throwing litter everywhere, don't they still get the gist? Obviously, their requests have fallen on deaf ears. (Bilib din ako sa pagkamanhid ng ibang kababayan natin!) what a shame!!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm no pro-gloria, nor am I pro-susan. All I'm asking is a little consideration to the public and to the environment. These people are just throwing their flyers everywhere and the streets are so dirty. For a central business district, Ayala Ave. looks like the solid version of ilog pasig! I wouldn't be surprised if one day we'll see tin cans in glorietta and greenbelt for "Piso para sa Makati".

But then again, that's the Philippines to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home