Thursday, July 21, 2005

What if you had 30 days to live, what would you do?

I'm watching Oprah right now and they had this search for the most romantic man. They had on the show real couples, leading ordinary lives, share their stories about how romantic and passionate their husbands/boyfriends are.

I was especially moved by a couple who had to deal with the trauma of breast cancer. The girl was telling the whole world how her husband took care of her and walked with her through the painful experience of chemotherapy, until she became well and cancer-free. What especially touched me was when he said "I admire her for being so brave and for her courage to live through it. I cannot imagine a life without her."

This made me think, what would it be like if I were in her shoes? Would I have the same strength to go through it? What if I had only 30 days to live, what would I do? Maybe I would start with a few things:

1. Pray.
2. Show all the people close to my heart how much I love them.
3. Make my last will.
4. Ride a roller coaster.
5. Forgive and make peace.
6. Say sorry to the people I have hurt.
7. Just live each day as if it were my last.

How about you, what would you do if you were given 30 days to live? I know I sound a little morbid... must be the weather!

take it easy y'all! *mwah*

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 21, 04:34:00 AM 2005, Blogger girlay said...

so touching...

hmm...what would i do if i have only 30 days left in this world? i probably do things on your list also...especially the first one. Pray that i have the courage to do all good things in life...:)

God bless rhea...

 
At Sat Jul 30, 02:35:00 AM 2005, Blogger mungkey said...

hehe. honestly d ko kabalo unsay buhaton kung ingana man lang gani.pero kanang mga gipanulat nimo diha, murag ok pud na sila. hehe. mahadlok ko nga pag isulat nako nga gusto ko mag sky diving diha sa number one, basin di na gyud mahimo og 30 days, basin didto rako sa sky diving tamam, ma tiklo na. hahaha. nahimo na nuon og 1 day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home