Friday, February 03, 2006

Experiencing Ortigas at its finest... and sadly ugliest face at night

Today was not my typical workday. First off, it was my first time to report to Ortigas. I had to take some sort of training to get this prestigious access to our SAP boxes, which I'm really not sure I will be using. Anyway, it was really cool - the office I mean. And its proximity to Megamall and Shangri-la Mall was just great! I feel so lucky I don't have to go there everyday or else I would end up empty-handed midway through the month out of shopping! (Boy, do I love to shop!)

It was my first time to experience working in Ortigas since the 4 years I have been working here in Manila and it was really great! I enjoyed the night, especially talking to my friend Ria over dinner about all things bright and beautiful...about how life has been really good to us... and how we dream of being able to reach that loftier plane of existence in all aspects - spiritual, mental and physical.

After coaching ourselves and planning our short and long term goals, we decided to stop by Toby's to check out nice exercise equipment. I kind of like the boxing bag - I've always wanted to have one in my own home and now that I have pretty much a huge enough place to have a mini gym at home, I think I can finally get my own punching bag and...maybe throw in a stationary bike with that..if someone would give that to me for free, I won't dare say no! hahaha!

Anyway, so much for my goals. I did a little window shopping here and there, checked out Clarity - this is a step towards the fulfillment of my goal to undergo microdermabrasion in the next few weeks. I'm still not decided (I still have unfounded fears on the procedure) but their rates were relatively ok compared to the popular C and B group... so I just might go there for my treatment - although I'm pretty much willing to give B a shot (despite being outrageously expensive!) if and only if I get the guarantee that my scars are really going to go away. hehe!

It was really nice malling in Shang. Shopping and of course - finishing up my steak! hahahaha! I felt so at home. Its one of the malls I really love going to, although there's rarely something that I can afford to buy... which, in hindsight, is a good thing that way I get to keep my purse tucked away! hehehhe!

On my way home though it was a different story. Everything I saw at the Shang, people having wine and dressed so fashionably, wearing all these glittery accessories and jewelry...reality bit me on my way home. Snuck right at the back of the prestigious Shangrila Mall, along Shaw blvd and under the flyover was the complete opposite of what I saw... there were a dozen or two kids between 3-19 years old(my guess), sniffing rugby and trying to do all these pranks in the street. It was really scary being inside the cab, stalled in terrible traffic and these guys (who are obviously high on drugs or something) flashing their asses at every passers by in that street. More than the fear though, pity came over me when I saw an infant, with the mother carrying him around, in the street, while she joins her troops of rugby sniffers.

My pity turned to anger at how we can ignore these kids, sniffing rugby in the middle of a busy street, so blatantly showing to the public that they're invincible... What kind of future do we expect from these young people? How do we expect our country to rise up to these challenging times when we are cultivating the next generation of criminals? Sad sad reality. Sometimes, it really does sting a bit when reality bites you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home