Saturday, January 21, 2006

Let me share with you a secret

I'm 26 as I type this post. Today, I woke up in a pensive mood. Opened my laptop and tried to plow back memories of small triumphs and painful heartaches I've had to endure along the way to see how far I've come along to where I am today. From where I sit now, I can say for certain I have not gone far enough and there's way a lot more to go, a lot more to work for, to take me where I want to be. Let me share with you a secret list that I have written a long time back (way back in High School).These are pieces of my dreams and where I want to see myself one day. The items on a different color are some of the things I have already achieved. This comes in no particular order and some of the things may no longer apply.

PLACES I WANT TO VISIT

  • Boracay
  • Bohol
  • Cebu
  • Palawan
  • Subic
  • Baguio
  • London
  • Paris
  • Venice
  • Italy
  • Rome
  • Germany
  • Switzerland
  • United States
  • Macau
  • HongKong
  • Australia
  • Africa
  • Singapore
  • Ireland
  • Bali
  • Amanpulo
  • Dubai, UAE
  • India
  • Nepal
  • Vietnam
  • Mexico
  • Cayman Islands
  • Hawaii
  • Bahamas
  • China
  • Japan
  • Egypt
  • Greece
  • Alaska
  • Canada

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

  • The Louvre
  • Disneyland
  • Sentosa
  • Ocean Park
  • Victoria Peak
  • Jumbo Floating Restaurant
  • The White House
  • The Pantheon
  • The Taj Mahal
  • Stonehenge
  • The Hanging Gardens
  • The Rice Terraces of Banawe
  • The Big Ben
  • The Parliament House
  • Westminster Abbey
  • See the London Bridge
  • The Dungeon
  • The Champs Elysees
  • The Eiffel Tower
  • The Leaning Tower of Pisa
  • Universal Studios
  • Magic Mountain
  • A real igloo and eskimo
THINGS I WOULD LOVE TO DO ONE DAY

  • Ride a Gondola with the one I love
  • Lose Weight
  • Try Bungee Jumping
  • Meet a Pied Piper
  • Try Parasailing
  • Drive a Jetski
  • Learn to Drive a Car
  • Learn to Drive a Bike
  • Visit a Castle
  • Ride a Banana Boat
  • Do Ice Skating
  • Learn to rollerblade
  • Backpack across Europe
  • Splurge in Las Vegas
  • See a West End Play in London
  • Go to a Rock Concert
  • Ride a helicopter
  • Sing in a big crowd
  • Shop til I drop, without any worries
  • Build a kite and fly it
  • Do a 5km run
  • Do a 10km run
  • Win a tennis championship
  • Ride the subway in New York
  • Go in an African Safari
  • Hike and climb a mountain
  • Learn to change a tire
  • Learn to rapel
  • Treat my parents to a nice vacation
  • Make a very significant contribution to my alma mater - Urios College
  • Go into culinary school
  • Bake a real good chocolate cake
  • Give a very memorable gift to my siblings
  • Fall madly, deeply in love

THINGS I WANT TO HAPPEN TO MY LIFE

  • Be 101% Debt Free!
  • Have my own family
  • Have my own kid(s)
  • Marry the man I love and who loves me more
  • Happiness
  • Become a successful nurse (This may no longer apply)
  • Earn an MBA
  • Go into Law School on my own money
  • Have my own restaurant
  • Have my own pre-school or learning center for kids
  • Do non-IT jobs like resort receptions, tour guide, make up artist, stylist, chef or barista
  • Land on a magazine shoot
  • Have an exhibit of my work
  • Have my own car
  • Build my own house

I have a hell lot more to go before I can turn all these into blue but I know someday, my lucky break will come.

1 Comments:

At Sun Jan 29, 06:55:00 PM 2006, Blogger matt said...

hello rhea,

you may want to check out:

http://www.43things.com http://www.43places.com

have fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home