Wednesday, November 09, 2005

New career, new friends, new ME!

Finally, I am on my third day officially working on NORMAL Manila-Philippines business hours. After 4 long years of working either the afternoon or evening shifts, I have finally come to find the opportunity that allows me to actually work on flex-time basis. Meaning, I get to experience TRAFFIC IN THE METRO!!! I can't believe I'm actually excited about that. Seriously though, I'm really excited about my new role.

I have decided to pursue a technical career path. I'll be doing a little bit of project management and vendor management, while being able to capitalize on my skills and acquire more along the way. If you ask me, I am inclined to think that I pretty much made the right choice. No admin stuff and people management to worry about = less stressful work.

So what can I say about my new environment? Well, there's a lot of things really new to me, some things I never even thought I could live with. First off, I have new colleagues and friends. I am relatively new so I'm adjusting and trying to blend in with the culture here. It's a little different from what I'm accustomed to, but I think I can blend in. Second, I have to come in business casual every single day! With that said, I have to buy loads of business clothes and do a little bit of clothes-pressing! *Ugh!* That's one of the chores I hate doing. Next, I can't come to work in slippers, which I used to do in my previous engagements! *huhuhu!* I pity my toes, I have to choke the living daylights out of them, wearing boots for 8-9 hours a day! Despite all that, I think I will get used to this new life ahead of me...

For now, I am still riding the waves of change. Come back and enjoy the rest of the ride with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home