Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Let's Celebrate LOVE

Yesterday was not my typical Monday. Yesterday was a special day because we were going to celebrate the birthays of 2 of my closest friends from college - Donna and Kaye. At 7PM sharp, I hit the streets of Makati heading straight to Rustan's to meet up with another good friend of mine - Ria. I was gonna buy me something expensive to splurge my 2.5K worth of gift cheque on (it is expiring very very soon) but couldn't find anything that I needed there, so we decided it wasn't a good day to shop. So we went off emptihanded and decided to get something kikay for the celebrants instead... While picking our gifts, I saw a nice powder brush that seems to work just right for me, so I got myself one too! (Arrgggh, I hate it when I buy things on impulse!)

Armed with our nice kikay gifts, we went straight to greenbelt 3 where we met up with Donna...Waited a bit for Kaye to show up. It was really sad that kaye had to raincheck at the last minute but it must be something really urgent because they had to pull out of the parking lot to go home...

anyway, back to my story...

Over dinner at the National Sports Grill, we talked about breakups, heartaches and winning a guy back. A hypothetical question came up: How worth it is it, to win someone back, when he is already courting someone else?

Several times I had to replay the question over and over in my head, there remains only 2 sides to the coin.

Option 1 is like an uphill climb. Yes, there is a potential for reconciliation but a very bleak hope for the future. If girl #1 would ask the guy to get back with her and the guy agrees to go back with her and drop the girl he's now courting, that would seem like the perfect romantic ending. But one person gets the butt of all heartaches, the girl the guy is now courting. Besides, getting back together is no guarantee that they will indeed have a happy relationship. Will you be happy together knowing that one person got hurt along the way? Or will it make you happy that the guy chose you over her, but you know deep in your heart he already fell for her? Ok, now I am sounding so cynical again, but sometimes, things like these are just meant not to last forever. What if they were just pushing it to far? But then again, what if it was really meant to be? Aaaah, the typical pinoy love triangle.

Well, like any story, there is yet another possibility... and that would be for both of them to just move on with their lives. Personally, I think this will be the option that would work for me if I were in the same predicament... but that's only because I'm looking at the situation from the outside. If I'm part of the real deal, I wouldn't know what to do either. Throughout my discernment, I realized there will only love knows what the right choice is, if we follow our hearts and follow God.

I realized that no matter where our conversation led... It all came home to a niche - LOVE is God's gift to US... In so many ways, God sends us the message of His Love... LOVE in its purest and simplest sense..no complications whatsoever. In its truest form, LOVE defies reason or anything existential for that matter. It became obvious to me what God wanted to tell us - Love is letting go and letting God take over our lives.

I don't mean to start a debate here but for once in my life, I felt God speaking to me thru my closest friends last night, telling me how much He loves me. And I want to share this LOVE with everyone who happens by this blog. I may not be your super religious goody-two-shoes kind of girl, but I do pray and I do have a personal relationship with God.

Last night, I had this message from God... "God loves you, me, all of us....each one of his children. Wherever we stand in this lifetime, God wills it for us. His love for us is all-emcompassing, unconditional. Sometimes, in the most unfortunate situations in our life, God speaks to us, to send us His message of Love. When we have shut the doors on Him, God will always find a way into our hearts, and there is no escaping His love. Sometimes, when we feel like the whole world is conniving to hurt us and to crush our hearts and our sense of well-being, we often cry and whine about the things that could have been, or the what ifs that we've had to deal with... More often than not, it is simply because we have not opened our hearts wide enough to allow God's to fill our hearts with His love."

I have to put this in words because I also forget to coach myself sometimes and I need to be reminded ever so often that we don't need to experience adversities and pain or await being hurt in order to see clearly and feel the immensity of God's love because he offers it to us freely, no holds barred.

I don't mean to be all preachy but I hope that through this humble post, God has made it into your hearts today...

Remember that every drop of tear that falls from our eyes, every pot of gold that goes into our bank accounts, every shred of fear that wraps our heart, and every ray of sunshine that we experience in this life, all these are manifestations of God's love for us.

Today, I would like to celebrate LOVE with a big hug and "thank you!" all the wonderful people in this world who have made me cry, made me laugh, made me strong, made me angry, made me love every moment of my life...I LOVE YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home